Do you have any trouble in falling or staying asleep? Are you taking sleeping pills for this? If yes, Sleeping pills are extremely hazardous. They are bad as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day. An easy way for avoiding sleeping pills is exercise. It’s less expensive, healthier and added many bonus to health. Research suggests those who are physically active have lower risk of developing insomnia.
- Exercise helps to sleep better because it is a beneficial stressor to the body. Brain increases the sleep time to compensate physical stress occurred during an exercise.
- Body temperature rises when doing exercise and then temperature falls after a few hours. This drop in temperature of the body helps to fall in and stay in asleep.
Many aspects of sleep can be improved by proper exercise which includes staying a long time in deep sleep and falling asleep more quickly. It gives good health and happiness to mind. The best time to exercise for overcoming insomnia in late afternoon or early evening.
Various types of exercises and their benefits
The different kinds of exercise that always recommended in nowadays are:
Walking –is the best aerobic exercise and it is the joint-friendly form of movement. The most funny thing about walking is, it can be done “anywhere, anyhow, anytime.”
Gymnastic exercises -are gone through under the guidance of an experienced teacher. It helps to maintain a strength, balance and flexibility of the body.
Yoga -helps us to control both mind and body. Deep breathing and meditation helps to achieve high flexibility, improved respiration, strength and energy. It maintained a balanced metabolism in the body.
Free-hand exercises- can be easily practiced by all. It can be done inside the home or hotel room. It gives high benefit for muscles and internal organs. It includes knee bends, sprinting, race walking, pull ups, pushups etc…
Sports- Sports such as swimming, climbing, cricket, football, hockey, basket-ball, etc. are simple and quite popular. Sports provide many health benefits like healthy bones, powerful lungs and stronger cardiovascular systems
Benefits of good sleep
Sleep always makes feel better and it is a key part of a healthy lifestyle, and can benefit your heart, weight, mind, and more. A good sleep gives you,
- Remain productive
- Increase overall strength
- To stay in happymood
- Improves memory
- Sharpen attention
- Lower stress
Things to remember
- At least 30 minutes of physical activity every day.
- For extra health and fitness benefits, try to find the time for some regular, vigorous exercise.
- Break up long periods of prolonged sitting as often as possible.